1. Grasp the movement characteristics of the hydraulic cylinder
and determine the shape design of the cylinder.
Each design is based on demand, and the requirements for product performance are the standards to be met in the
later stage of the design. At the same time, it is necessary to carry out the design of the oil cylinder. Before
the design of the oil cylinder, it is necessary to understand the functional requirements of the application,
and realize the functional requirements in the later design.
There are many types of hydraulic cylinders, including piston type, plunger type and sleeve type.
According to the form of motion, it can be divided into reciprocating straight line and swing.
According to the action section, it can be divided into two types: double-acting and single-acting.
Therefore, before deciding which type of cylinder to use, you must first understand the working state of the
cylinder, and determine the appropriate form of the hydraulic cylinder according to the set motion form and
2. Learn more about the working conditions of hydraulic cylinders.
(1) Use the working conditions of the hydraulic cylinder such as temperature and environmental humidity to
determine the anti-corrosion grade and dust-proof grade of the hydraulic cylinder.
(2) The output power, load condition, stroke size, and working mode of the hydraulic cylinder are used to
determine the size of the piston rod of the pressure cylinder, the verification of the ultimate strength of the
hydraulic cylinder, and the fatigue life.
(3) Select the working pressure and flow rate of the hydraulic system; it is helpful to determine the important
dimensions, such as hydraulic cylinder piston and piston rod.
3. Select the rated pressure of the hydraulic system, calculate the cross-sectional area of the piston of the
hydraulic cylinder according to the output of the required hydraulic cylinder, and give it according to the
standard series in the national standard.
4. After selecting the main components, the wall thickness and piston rod diameter of the hydraulic cylinder can
be calculated according to the output requirements and material strength of the hydraulic cylinder.
5. Determine the connection form of the hydraulic cylinder and the front and rear end covers according to the
connection interface and installation space with the host.
6. Determine the sealing form of the hydraulic cylinder according to the pressure of the cylinder, the working
temperature range and the presence or absence of dust, etc.
Choose the oil cylinder seal design.
7. According to the working load and control situation of the hydraulic cylinder, reasonably design the
hydraulic buffer device, and adopt a reasonable buffer design to reduce the impact load and avoid the early
damage of the hydraulic cylinder.
8. For slender parts, buckling strength analysis is also required, and the buckling strength of the piston rod
and the buckling strength of the piston rod need to be calculated.
9. If the hydraulic cylinder has radial force during operation, special attention should be paid to whether
metal contact occurs between the piston rod and the end cover under the action of the radial force.
10. Design a reasonable anti-corrosion coating according to the working environment, so that the hydraulic
cylinder will not be corroded by the external corrosive environment for a long time.
11. Draw parts drawings and assembly drawings, and generate corresponding technical documents.
12. Make samples according to the drawings and conduct experimental verification. Only when the design
requirements are met can the design process be completed.